In order to set up an Instagram feed you will have to reach out to your front-end partner for complete implementation. After doing this you will be able to continue setting up your Instagram feed. If all the above has been taken care of please follow the below instructions.
Before you begin you should have two tabs open.
- Your Centra with 'SYSTEM' > 'STORE'.
This page: https://www.instagram.com/developer/clients/register/
Once you have reached 'SYSTEM' > 'STORE' please go to your Retail store and follow the below instructions for the Centra side of this setup.
- Scroll to 'PLUGINS' and click '+PLUGIN METHOD'.
Select the 'Instagram plugin' in the drop down list.
Then fill out the fields:
- Name: Is an internal name that only you see. This can be Instagram.
- URI: Will fill itself out from the Plugin name you chose if you don’t type something other there.
- AppID: This is also known as the Client ID which you will see this when completing the Instagram setup of this process. This is the ID provided by Instagram
- Secret: This is known as the Client Secret which you will see this when completing the Instagram setup of this process. This is the password key generated by Instagram.
- Feed Type: "User Recent Media" This will make sure that the newest pictures posted by your instagram user are added to your Instagram feed. Then you could also use "Hashtag" which will post all pictures posted with your hashtag that you type in, in the field that pops up next to it if you select hashtag
- Import to CMS-section: This is for customers who use the CMS module within Centra and you should fill out exactly the same name as the tab in the CMS that will be used to import your images. For example, Imagebank, Instagram or other.
- Refresh every X minutes (minimum 30 mins): This is the time between feed refreshing and 30 minutes is the minimum you can have.
- Click 'SAVE'.
- Click Log In.
- Follow the prompts.
Click Manage Clients.
- Client ID is the AppID in the Instagram plugin in Centra, copy and paste this into the plugin.
- Client Secret is the Secret in the Instagram plugin in Centra, copy and paste this into the plugin.
Fill in the details for the below:
- Application Name - “Imagebank” (This will be the name your front-end partner uses. If you use the CMS module in Centra it is the name of the Instagram tab in the CMS).
- Description - Instagram integration (this can be whatever you would like to describe it as.
- Company Name - Your company name.
- Contact email - An email that Instagram can contact.
- Click Generated new Instagram token. Doing this will make sure that Instagram knows that you have permission to be posting these images.
- Change the status to green - 'Active'.
Then click 'SAVE'.
You have now integrated your Instagram feed. If you are experiencing issues with this or don’t know if you are able to make use of this plugin please reach out to your front-end partner.