This article will show you how to set up a new language. Languages are used to engage specific countries on your webshop. You can set up as many languages as you wish, but each language that you do have will need to be maintained accordingly which can be done via localization, to read more about localization click here.
- Go to 'System' > 'Languages' in the main menu to the left
- Click '+ Add language'
- Fill in the Language Attributes:
- Language: This should be the name of the language you wish to use for example: Chinese or Japanese
- Language code: This should be the two-letter abbreviation of the language for example: Chinese = CN and Japanese = JP
- Activate localization: If set to Yes this will activate the localized information (specific to the language chosen) on your webshop. If set to No, any localized information you will import will not be available to the webshop. Note* this setting can be altered after importing the localization
- Available for localization: If set to 'Yes', you will see the language under 'System' > 'Localize'. If set to 'No', the language will not be viewable under 'System' > 'Traslations'
- ISO 639-1 preset: This is the two-letter ISO code and will most likely be the same as the Language code for example: English is ‘en’ and Swedish is ‘sv’ If you are unsure check here
- ISO 639: This is the description of the ISO code. This is also the name of the language
- ISO 3166: This is the two-letter ISO code and will most likely be the same as the Language code for example: English is ‘EN’ and Swedish is ‘SV’. If you are unsure check here
- Geo-locations: This allows you to determine which customers see this language. If the new language is specific to one country, you only need to select that one for example: If the language is Japanese you need to select the geo-location Japan. This will allow all Japanese customers to see Japanese when visiting your webshop.
You must have a language set up before you are able to localize any information.