About this article
You may create invoices in two different ways in Centra. Either by creating one from an existing order or by creating a free-text invoice. To read more about how to create a free-text invoice, click here. In this article, you will learn how to create an invoice from a shipment.
To be able to create an invoice from a shipment you need to have created the following prerequisites:
- Order - To read more about how to create an order in wholesale, click here.
- Shipment - To read more about how to create a shipment for an order, click here.
- Invoice Template - To read more about how to create an invoice template, click here.
Creating an invoice
To create an invoice in wholesale, follow the steps below:
This invoice will also be listed under 'INVOICES' under 'SALES' in the Wholesale section of the top menu.
- Click 'SALES' in the Wholesale section of the top menu.
- Click 'ORDERS'
- Browse the list and click the order that you wish to create an invoice for.
- Scroll down to 'SHIPMENTS', open that order's shipment by clicking it, and scroll down to 'PAYMENTS AND DOCUMENTS'
Click '+INVOICE' in the bottom-left corner and this pop-up window will open:
In this view you select which products you want to include in the invoice, and you may also edit invoice address and other details.
As the shipment is connected to a shipping you will no longer be able to add products to it.
- When you are done editing, click 'CREATE INVOICE' in the bottom-right corner. The invoice will now be listed under 'DELIVERY DOCUMENTS', under 'PAYMENTS AND DOCUMENTS' in the orders shipment:
You may download the invoice as a .pdf file by clicking the 'INVOICE' button shown in the picture above. If you click 'Go to' the invoice will open in the system:
A short explanation of the buttons in the upper-right corner:
- Close - Closes this view. Does not remove or delete the invoice.
- Cancel Invoice - Will cancel the invoice and place it in 'CANCELLED INVOICES'. From there you may delete it completely.
Lock Invoice - Will lock the invoice. If you click 'LOCK INVOICE' here you will no longer be able to edit the invoice.
You always have to lock every invoice before you can send it to a buyer.
- Export Invoice - Will export the invoice to a .pdf file that you may print and/or email to buyers.