About this article
In the following article, you will learn how to add a display to your product. Displays are "cosmetic" visualizations of your products. After you have added products General Attributes you need to create a display in order to make viewable in your front end. Displays are created in the same way whether it is in Retail or Wholesale. In this article, the process will be explained from the Retail perspective.
Based on the supporting attributes you already created you can now create multiple Retail Displays using the variant bank and the media bank. Displays are important elements of how products work in Centra.
Before you create a display you need to have created the following prerequisites:
- Size Charts
- Measurement Charts (optional)
- Folders (optional)
- Brands (optional)
- Collections (optional)
You can create your retail display either from an existing product or by creating a new one. To read more about how to add a product, click here.
Creating a display
In order to create your first Retail Display follow the steps below:
- Click on in the General section of the top menu
- Click on and you will be redirected to a list of all your products
Open a product of choice, scroll down and click the button to the left below the General Attributes section and you will be redirected to this view:
In this section you may add text and price information about the display are about to create. This information will be viewable in the front end.The only difference between how displays are created in Retail and Wholesale is that Wholesale requires additional price information. E.g. the B-price which in the frontend is displayed as the Recommended Retail Price (RRP).
Enter the following information to your display:
- Short Description - Short description is not a default requirement and is only used in cases when your front-end has containers for example description in product listings
- Description - Enter a longer description of the product, which may be shown in, for example, the Product view in your frontend
- Meta Title - Enter the meta title that will be displayed as the browser title. The Meta Title will also be used by search engines
- Meta Keywords - Meta keywords are optional and are rarely used by search engines. To learn more about Meta Keywords click here
- Meta Description - Meta description is a description of the product which is in most cases is used by search engines to display page content inside search listings. Enter meta description in order to get good search engine optimization
- Tags - Enter tag words, which you would like to associate with this product. This field only applies if your Front End design supports tag-browsing
- Pricelist - Enter the price of the product in the different currencies displayed. To read more about how to create a Pricelist, click here
- Tax Group - To read more about how to create a Tax Group, click here
- Campaign - To read more about how to create a Campaign, click here
Once you have entered the retail attributes, continue and create your display by clicking in the bottom of the display editing view.
The image above shows the display view in the backend.
At this point, you will be adding media, categories, and other merchandising information. Enter the following information to your display:
The fields below 'MARKETS' ('Minimum order amount', 'Order denominator' and 'Display comment') which appear if you click on 'Show additional features' are optional for each customer, and set up collaboratively with your service partner.
- Name - Enter a name for the display (the General Setting name will be entered by default)
- URI - The URI is the address where the product can be found directly by typing for example yourstore.com/this-is-the-product-uri, in the browser address field. This can be typed in manually or generated based on the display name, by clicking Generate URI
- Market - Select the market(s) you wish to enable the display on. (To read more about how to create a market, click here)
- Categories - Select one, or multiple categories by hold-clicking the listed categories. (To read more about how to create a category, click here)
- Canonical Category - Select one sub-category of your choice from the list of active categories selected on the product display. If you don't select any, Centra will pre-select the first active sub-category in the list. A canonical category is the "main category" of a product display and this is the one being sent to feeds like Google and Facebook, Shop API, Checkout API and Integration API to make SEO easier
- Variants - Drag-and-drop any of the variants that you wish to make available in the display. Drag the variants up or down in relation to each other to easily rearrange your variant list. (To read more about how to create a variant, click here)
- Images - Drag-and-drop any of the images you that you wish to make available in this display. Drag the images up, down or sideways in relation to each other to easily rearrange your image list. (To read more on how to add images to the Media Bank, click here)
- Edit Relations - Click 'EDIT RELATIONS' in the bottom-left corner and a pop-up window will open. Select the products that you want to relate to your current product either on the left >> box (means relate TO), the right << box (means relate FROM) or both. Selecting both >> and << will make the products mutually relate to each other
- Click 'SAVE' to finalize your display
Adding displays to categories is easily done from the category editing view. There you will be able to add multiple displays and sort them in relation to each other. To learn more about categories click Retail or Wholesale.