This article will explain how you add basic product information to your Centra system. In order to add products, you will have to set up a few prerequisite settings.
Before you add a product to your product catalog you first need to create the following prerequisites:
- Create Size Charts that will be used to display inventory
- Create a Folder structure to categorize sales internally. This prerequisite is optional but will come useful as you will be able to see sales statistics based on your folder structure and your catalog will be easier to sort using the folder structure.
- Create Measurement Charts to display product measurements. This prerequisite is optional but will be useful if in the product description.
To create and add your product to the catalog, follow the steps below:
- Click 'Products' in the main menu to the left
- Click '+Create product' in the upper-right corner and you will be redirected to the General Attributes view:
The Basic attributes of a product are the basic set of data required for a product to exist in the catalog. This data can further on be used to present your products to customers or to display them in your frontend. To read more about how to create frontend displays, click here.
Add Basic Attributes to your product:
- Product number (SKU) - i.e. Stock Keeping Unit which is the style number of the product.
Centra has support for multi-variant and matrix-style inventory tracking. This means that SKU can be a simple style number covering all variants and sizes connected to the product.
- Product name - The product name will only be used in the catalog internally.
- Brand - If no brands are listed, just select 'New' and enter the name of the new brand in the empty field below. To read more about how to create brands in the brand view, click here.
- Collection (optional) - If no collections are listed, just select 'New' and enter the name of the new collection in the empty field below. To read more about how to create collections in the collection view, click here.
- Weight - Used for shipping cost calculation only.
- Folder (optional, for internal use only) - If no folders are listed, just select '+NEW' and write the name of the new folder in the empty field below. To read more about how to create folders in folder view, click here.
- Harm Code - Enter the product's Harmonization Code/Tariff Code. To read more about Harmonization codes, click here.
- Harm Code Description - Enter the product's Harmonization Code Description. Harm Code and Harm Code Description will be displayed on the pro-forma invoice when goods are exported.
- Country of origin - Select the country where goods are manufactured. This parameter is for customs purposes.
- Product type (serializable product) - If a product is to be serialized, i.e. if each product is unique, check this option.
- Internal Comment (super-optional) - You may add an additional comment to your product. This comment will only be visible internally.
- Measurement Chart (optional) - To read more about how to create measurement charts, click here.
- Variants - When creating a product from scratch, Centra makes it possible for you to directly add a variant to the variant bank. By adding a variant you will be able to add a stock to your product. To read more about adding variants to your products, click here
Certain custom attribute fields can be added to a specific Centra instance. Please consult your Centra support agent for more details.
Click 'Save' and your product will be added to the product catalog.
You have now learned to create a product on a basic level. The next step is to learn how to customize the way the product will be visible to your customers. To learn how to customize product displays click here.