About this article
In difference from Flatrate Shipping where you simple set the shipping costs for each country, Range Shipping allows you to create specific criterias for when different shipping costs should be applied.
Creating Range Shipping
To create a Range Shipping list in retail, follow the steps below:
- Click 'SETUP' in the Retail section of the top menu.
- Click 'SHIPPING'.
- Click 'RANGE' in the upper-right corner.
- Click '+RANGE' in the upper-right corner and you will be redirected to this view:
Enter the following information:
- Status - Change the status to 'Active' (green).
- Shipping Name - Enter the name of the Shipping.
- Comment (optional) - You may add an optional comment to the shipping.
- Currency - Select which currency the shipping should be connected to.
- Active in stores - Select which store the shipping should be connected to.
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom- or upper-right corner.
Adding a Shipping Group
Once you have clicked 'SAVE' you will be able to be able to add Shipping Groups to the shipping. To add a shipping group follow the steps below:
- Click '+GROUP' in the bottom left corner, below the 'Shipping Information'-window and you will be redirected to this view:
Click 'EDIT' in the bottom-right corner to enter the following information:
- Countries - Select which countries this shipping group should be connected to
- Price Range - Configure the shipping cost based on the total order amount
- Weight Range - Configure the shipping cost based on the total weight of the order
- Item Range - Configure the shipping cost based on the total items of the order
In order for this shipping method to be usable on orders, at least one range needs to be configured. It could be left blank as in the image above if you don't wish to add any cost.