Warehouses in Centra allow you to store and handle stock per product. There are different types of warehouses which dictate whether the stock is controlled in Centra or externally. This article will explain each warehouse setting and how it works.
To create a warehouse, follow the steps below:
Go to 'System' > 'Stores' in the main menu to the left
Click '+Create warehouse' and you will be redirected to this view:
In this view you can fill out the following fields:
- Warehouse name - Name your warehouse
- Sort order - Input a Sort order value. The warehouse with the lowest number in the sort order field will be shown first in all warehouse menus in Centra (i.e. Stock editor)
- Hide from Stock view - Indicate whether you wish this warehouse to be hidden from Stock view or not by choosing Yes or No respectively
- Stock ownership - This can be set as Own stock or Third party to showcase who the owner of the stock is
- Allocation policy - Input the Allocation policy as Direct or Check first. This controls whether a product will be allocated directly to a warehouse or if an external physical shop should be contacted to handle the order
Direct warehouse: This follows the regular order flow in Centra, where a product is allocated and then can be shipped to the customer.
Check first warehouse: Orders connected to a Check first warehouse follow a different order flow. The products will be allocated to a Direct warehouse (based on the Allocation rule chosen on the order as seen in the Order summary), and in the meantime, a request will be sent to any Check first warehouses (i.e. physical shop) of this Allocation rule. The Check first warehouses can then accept or reject the order. If accepted, the product allocation will change from the Direct warehouse to the respective Check first warehouse and the order flow will continue with this warehouse instead. If rejected, the order flow will continue with the Direct warehouse, with no changes made to the allocation.
The Allocation policy setting, only the Direct warehouse is currently available. The Check first warehouse is due to be released in the near future
- Stock master - Select the Stock master as Centra or External. This allows you to define if Centra is the stock master or if a third party (i.e. ERP systems) controls stock and relevant updates
If Stock master is set to External, stock changes cannot be made in the AMS in Centra. For example, if you navigate to Catalog > Stock, you will no longer be able to change the Physical and Free-To-Allocate (FTA) values which are otherwise editable. This is because of the fact that the Stock master is an external system that sends stock updates to Centra. Other parts that are affected are the Stock editor, Warehouse transfer and Stock import
The Stock master setting, only the Centra option is currently available. The External setting is due to be released in the near future
Link to Brick and mortar - You can connect your warehouse to a Brick and mortar. This will ensure that the warehouse has more data, including display name, address, opening hours etc. to share on the Front-end. You can find out more about Brick and mortar here.
Consignation - Consignation can be set as Yes or No. A Consignation warehouse will show up under Modules > Consignation, where the regular Consignation order flow can be handled. Once Consignation is set to Yes, you will be able to indicate which Account this Consignation warehouse should be connected to as seen below:
After clicking 'Save' you will no longer be able to change the Consignation setting
- Threshold - Input the Threshold of this warehouse. This controls how many items should not be counted in the Free-To-Allocate (FTA) values.
Example: If you have 3 items left in stock in a warehouse and the threshold is set to 2, only 1 item will be available to sell
Please note that this is a general Threshold applied on all products of the respective warehouse. There is also another type of threshold found on variant level (Catalog > Products > Select a product > In Variant bank, on a variant, click Stock editor > Offset (Threshold per variant)).
The Offset (Threshold per variant) is applied to this specific variant in all warehouses, and overrides the warehouse threshold.
If an admin user places an order in Centra AMS the Offset/Threshold is not checked.
Example: If the Offset (Threshold per variant) is set to 3, Warehouse Threshold is set to 2 and there are 4 items in stock, only 1 item would be available to sell for this specific variant
- Warehouse location - Use the Country and state selector to showcase which country/state the warehouse is located in
Click 'Save' in the upper-right corner.