You can now add customized badges to products in Showroom. This feature is great for highlighting and exposing new products, outgoing products and campaigns. Or to steer your buyers towards a product category that you think they're interested in – with the goal to drive more sales. This article will describe the steps to set it up.
If you have Showroom enabled you will automatically have access to these two extra attribute fields on your product variant:
- To configure the Showroom Custom Badge attribute you go to 'More' of the general section in the main menu to the left and click 'Attributes'
- Click '+Create attribute'
- Select attribute type: 'Showroom Custom Badge' and the attribute setup will be structured like this:
- Here you fill in
- Name: Name of the attribute in Centra to find it easy in the list
- Name: Name of the attribute that should be displayed in the Showroom on the product
- Background color: Type in the hex color code you would like to have as the background color of the badge, for example #e47286
- Text color: Type in the hex color code you would like to have as the color of the text in the badge, for example #ffffff
- Then hit 'Save' when you are done.
The badge can be added in two different ways, either on products one by one or in a batch for multiple products at once.
Add badge to a single product
- Go to the specific product under 'Products' in the main menu to the left
- Click on the variant, to see the variant details
- Select the badge you would like this product to have
- Click 'Save'.
Add badge on multiple products in batch
- Go to the 'Products' in the main menu to the left and export your product catalog by clicking 'Export' in the upper-right corner. If you can narrow the export down a bit, please feel free to do so by selecting a certain collection for example and select No in “One row for every size” as we are doing this change on Variant level and not on Size level
- In the Excel file you will now see an extra column called “Attributes - Showroom Custom Badge”. Fill this field in with the name of the badge you would like to add to the variant
- Remove the extra, unnecessary columns that you don’t want to update and that are not needed to find a match of the product (like: SKU, Brand, Product Name, Variant, Variant SKU). Don’t forget to remove the 3 columns called “Not possible to import”. And also remove the product rows that you are not adding a badge to also
- When you are done, save the file in a .csv (UTF-8, comma separated) format
- Go back to 'Products' in Centra and click 'Import' select import type: Product and select the .csv file you saved
- Click 'Import'
- Check the crosscheck and make sure all rows looks correct and that they found the right match on the product
- If everything looks good, hit 'Save'.
The variants should now be updated with their custom badges and can be seen in the Showroom and could look something like this: