The Mailchimp plugin works like this:
When users are registering as newsletter-signups inside the checkout flow, or by signing up to your newsletter on your page (without actually placing an order), a call is made to Mailchimp with the email and the ID of the list you want it to be added to. There's a List-ID which you can get inside Mailchimp which needs to be setup inside Centra. This is how you get that.
Get API-key from Mailchimp
Log in into Mailchimp. Hover the Account inside the main menu. Select the API Keys-selection:
Add a new key:
And name it to Centra or whatever:
Save this API Key for now.
Get List-ID from Mailchimp
Go to Lists. On the list you want to add users to, press Settings, a menu opens up, select the first item called List Settings and Unique ID:
Scroll far down on that page and you'll see the key:
Setup plugin and insert into Centra
- The information you now will see will have to be inserted into Centra. Inside Centra, go to 'SYSTEM' > 'STORES' and select your store.
Create a new Plugin Method, activate it, set the name as Mailchimp. Select Mailchimp below the Subscription-group. Use the following fields for the information you were provided with:
- API Key should be filled with the API Key you got from Mailchimp.
- List ID should be filled with the List ID you got from Mailchimp.
- It should now look something like this:
- Save. You've now connected Centra with Mailchimp.