About this article
Categories can be created in three levels using the regular tree-structure, like in folders in your operative system. This means that you can create a root category, like for example 'Mens', then nest a category called 'Shirts' inside 'Mens' and the nest a category called 'Button-down' inside 'Shirts'. The customer will in that case be able to drill down you product offering in all the three levels. Each category can hold its specific set of products and products can be added to an unlimited number of categories at the same time. So you can decide if you want to add the button-down shirt in all three levels at the same time or just in the 'Button-down'-category. Clicking Mens or the its subcategory Shirts will not display the button-down shirt.
Create a category
To create a retail category, follow the steps below:
- Click 'SETUP' in the Wholesale section of the top menu
- Click 'CATEGORIES'
- Click '+CATEGORY' in the upper-right corner and you will be redirected to this view: (To read more about about the Category Multi View, click here
Enter the following information:
- Status - Change the status to 'Active' (green)
- Category Name - Enter the name of the category, for example, Jersey, or Jeans.
- Meta Keyword
- Meta Description
- Parent Folder - If needed
- Store - Choose which store this category should be displayed in
- Edit Sort Order - To read more about how to edit Sort Order, click here
- Category Displays - To read more about how to add Category Displays, click here
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom- or upper-right corner.
You may now edit the displays connected to your category. To read more about category displays. click here.