About this article
By creating gift certificates in backend you make it available for clients to select and purchase a certain pre-defined store credit. The client will be able to pay with one of your available payment methods and will receive a .pdf document with a gift certificate code. By using this code in the checkout the client can redeem his/her store credit.
Creating a gift certificate
To create a Gift Certificate, follow the steps below:
- Click 'PROMO' in the Retail section of the top menu.
- Click 'GIFT CERT'
- Click '+GIFT CERT' in the upper-right corner and you will be redirected to this view:
Enter the following information:
- Store - Select what store the gift certificate should be connected to.
- Gift certificate status - Change the Gift Cert's status to 'Active'.
- Gift certificate name - Will be displayed for the customer in frontend.
- Only create voucher in currency of sale - Choose whether the voucher should be available in one, or several currencies, by selecting or deselecting the check box.
- Show gift amount - Choose whether to show the gift amount or not by selecting or deselecting the check box.
- Type - Set up the type of gift certificate that you want to make available for the customers.
- Amount (Will only be visible if you have chosen 'Free Products' as type). Enter the amount of free products you wish to include in the Gift Certificate.
- Prices - Enter the total amount of the Gift Cert in the different currencies.
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom- or upper-left corner.
To read more about how to create a voucher, click here.