About this article
Centra has support for multi-variant and matrix-style inventory tracking. This means that SKU can be a simple style number covering all variants and sizes connected to the product.
Before you can add a variant to a product you need to have created a product. To read more about how to add a product, click here.
Adding a Variant
To add a variant to a product, follow the steps below:
Enter the following information:
- Variant Name - This is the name of the variant i.e. Blue, Red or for example Washed. This text may be visible in the front-end, depending on how your web store is configured.
- Variant SKU (optional) - This setting is optional and does only apply if your variant's SKU differs from the general SKU which you entered in the GENERAL SETTINGS view
- Internal Name(optional) - The internal name overrides the variant name. However, the override does only occur visually in the backend.
- Size Chart - Once you have selected size chart, you will be requested to add stock values. To add stock value. click 'ADD STOCK' in the bottom-left corner and the below pop-up window will open. To read more about how to create size charts click here.
Enter the stock value as shown above. (If the product has pre-order status, you just check the Pre-order box. Choose a location, to which warehouse you would like to allocate quantities and enter their cost/pcs. Cost/pcs is the products weighted cost price and this value will be used when calculating COGS or sales margins. You can also add an optional comment while inputting values to your stock. This comment will be trackable in the stock history view.
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom-right corner in the STOCK EDITOR
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom-right corner of the variant editing field