About this article
A retail webstore customer is usually created while an order is placed. However you may add a customer account from the backend. In this article you will learn how.
Creating a customer
To create a Retail Customer in the backend, follow the steps below:
- Click 'CUSTOMERS' in the Retail section of the top menu
- Click 'REGISTERED'
- Click '+CUSTOMER' in the upper-right corner and you will be redirected to this view:
- Enter the required information about the customer and make sure that the customer's status is 'Active':
- Receive newsletter
- Add to store - Choose which store wthe customer should be connected to. It is very rare that you need to have multiple retail stores.
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom- or the upper-right corner
Once you have created a customer you may now create orders for that customer. To read more about how to create a retail order, click here.