This article will show how to import products to your system from an excel file.
You may also use the import file to update existing products in your catalog. To import an excel file to add or update products, follow the instructions below.
To be able to import the products directly into the system you need to have created the following prerequisites:
- Create Size Charts that will be used to display inventory.
- Create a Folder structure to categorize sales internally. This prerequisite is optional but will come useful as you will be able to see sales statistics based on your folder structure and your catalog will be easier to sort using the folder structure.
- Create Measurement Charts to display product measurements. This prerequisite is optional but will be useful if in the product description.
To be able to import the products and product information you need an excel file with columns that matches the fields in the system:
- Product ID (Optional) - If this field exists, Centra will try to find the existing product based on this ID. This allows you to modify the SKU for example without getting into any issues not mapping against the existing product that should be updated. If you want to add new products based on exported data, make sure this column is removed before importing
- SKU (Product number) - i.e. Stock Keeping Unit which the style number of the product
- Product name - The product name will only be used in the catalog internally
- Variant - Enter the name of the variant
- Variant SKU (Optional) - If this field is empty Variant SKU will be generated automatically
- Variant Internal Name (Optional)
- Variant ID (Optional) - If this field exists, Centra will try to find the existing variant based on this ID. This allows you to modify the name of the variant and the variant SKU without getting into any issues not mapping against the existing variant that should be updated. If you want to add new variants based on exported data, make sure this column is removed before importing
- Size Chart - Enter the size chart this product belongs to
- Size - Enter the size of this specific item
- Size SKU Suffix (Optional)
- EAN (Optional) You may add EAN-codes to the products
- Quantity (Optional) You may add the quantities of the products in the import file as well
- Preorder - Type 'yes' for pre-order and 'no' for stock
- Cost/Pcs - The manufacturer's price for this product
- Cost Currency - The currency of the manufacturer's price
- Weight(Optional but advantageous) - May be useful for customs
- Folder - Folders are used to categorize products internally and will not be visible in the frontend
- Category - Categories are used to categorize externally, in the front-end
- Measurement Chart (optional) - To read more about how to create measurement charts, click here.
- Internal Comment (Optional) - You may add an internal comment to this product
- Harmonization Code
- Customs Description
- Short Description
- Description - Products description
- Display Comment (Optional You may add an optional comment to the product's display)
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- Meta Keywords
- Supplier Name (Optional) You may enter the name of the supplier
- Country of Origin - Type the ISO-code of the country where the product is manufactured. To read more about ISO-codes klick here
- Retail - USD (Retail only) - Enter the retail price of the product
- Wholesale - USD (Wholesale only) - Enter the Wholesale in-price of the product
- Wholesale - USD - RRP (Wholesale only) Enter the Wholesale out-price of the product
To be able to import the file into the system you need to save it as a '.csv (CSV UTF-8 Comma Separated)' file. To do this in Excel, click 'archive' 'save as' and then select 'CSV UTF-8 Comma Separated (.csv)' in the format drop-down menu.
To import the file complete the following steps:
The Crossecheck is a step in the import where you can see and control how the import connects with the system and the current catalog. If you scroll all the way to the right you to the 'existing products' column you can see if this will be added as new products or if it will update an existing one.
To read more about how to multi-upload media to the catalog, click here.
- Go to 'Products' in the main menu to the left, and click 'Import'
- Select import type 'Products' in the drop-down menu and you will be redirected to this view: (To read more about how to import media, click here)
- Select which stores, warehouse, and collection you wish to import the products to
- Click the 'Import' button, and then you will be redirected to the crosscheck. Check it carefully!
- Click 'Save' in the upper-right corner to complete the action.