Setup store settings and plugin
Check if your desired marketplace is available in Centra by going to SYSTEM > STORES and click +STORE. Pick your desired marketplace integration in the Marketplace drop-downIf you are unsure how to setup a new store in Centra correctly, please contact email@example.com. A new store can cause connection problems for your other stores if setup incorrectly.
Now you will notice that you get a different set of Store Settings than if you compare it to a "typical" B2C or B2B store in Centra. Fill in the fields accordingly.
The required fields are marked with an asterisk (*), Centra will also notify you if you have forgotten to enter any of them. The settings will be dependent on the marketplace you've choosen.
- Maximum order of single item - If you want to restrict customers so they can only buy a maximum amount of the same single item then you add the maximum figure here
- Default stock action on return - Here you can set the default action for what should happen if an Marketplace order gets returned
- Shipping provider - Select the default shipping provider you would like to use for this Store
- Pick categories for use - Here's a list of all the Marketplace categories. Select the categories you would like to see in the list of categories on your products. If you don't select any here, all of them will show
- Enable backorders - If you want the store to accept backorders, when you run out of stock, an order is placed anyway
- Shop ID - The Shop ID per country you get from your Marketplace
- Channel - Also a code you get from your Marketplace
- Pick sizes for use - Here's a list of all the Marketplace sizes. Select the sizes you would like to see in the list of sizes on your products. If you don't select any here, all of them will show.
The next step is to go to the Centra Connect plugin for your newly created Store and change the settings after your needs.
- Name - Plugin name will be Centra Connect but if you wish, you can change it to something else
- URI - URI will be generated from your Store name and will not be something that you should change
- Plublic key - Centra generates this key and it's not editable
- URL - Also something that Centra generates
- Test mode - If you would like to test the connection on a Demo environment this setting should preferably be set to YES, otherwise NO
- Image size - In Centra you might have different image sizes and here you select which one should be sent and shown in the Marketplace
- Brand color from - Here you select with field your Brand's color name should be picked from in Centra
- Export customer type - This will override the "type" element in the SOAP API Customer Export
- Payment type - Set the label in Centra for the payment type of orders from this Marketplace
- Carrier code - This will be set in the order attribute you pick in the drop-down
- Carrier code export field - Select in the drop-down in which attribute the carrier code value entered should be saved.
Pricelist and Shipping setup
- You need to create pricelist per currency you would like to use and also a shipping per currency that you should connect to your pricelist.
Read more here about how to create a Pricelist.
Read more here about how to create a Shipping.
- To be able to sell through your new store you need to select which warehouse the new store and market should pick stock from. That is done through your allocation rule setup which you can read more about here
- You will also need to setup tax groups for your new Marketplace store. You can do this by using your old B2C store tax group, and simply add the new Marketplace store as "Default in stores". If you decide to setup a new tax group to your Marketplace store, please read this guide for instructions.
Product catalog setup
Now it's time to setup your product catalog for your new Marketplace store. This is very similar to how you setup your typical B2C or B2B store, however there are some extra attributes you need to enter that will be Marketplace specific.
Go to Catalog > Products and create displays for your store using your normal method. Here we will use the Activate displays batch action. And if you like, you can add the Marketplace attributes right here if they are all the same on the products you selected before applying the batch action.You should create one display per variant
The next step is to add prices for all your products for the pricelists you have in your Marketplace Store.
- After this you can start setting the marketplace specific attributes on the displays, this can be done via the "Activate displays" action, catalog Export + Import or by manipulating each display seperately.
PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES DESCRIPTION
- Brand* - Select your brand in the drop-down list
- Product is vintage - Select if this is a vintage or new product
- Vintage era - Select which centuary the product is from in the drop-down list
- Vintage condition - Select the condition of your vintage product from the drop-down list
- Unit quantity - If one sold piece contains 5 pieces, please fill it in here
- Additional info - If you have any additional information, you add it here
- Standard color* - This color is used to filter colors by product in the Marketplace (if you have your own color names i.e. “ruby red”, you’ll be able to display that under the product information)
- Article pattern - If the product has a pattern, please select a pattern in this list
- Material - You need to define at least one material for your product, pick from the list
- Material percentage - You also need type in the percentage of this material. One > should > equal 100. Note: Don't use the % symbol, only numbers in this field
- Gender* - Select which gender this product is for
- Marketplace Category* - Here you select the product category of the Marketplace.
Just as on the Store Settings page you will see which attributes are required with a (*) as bare minimum for the product to be displayed on the Marketplace. Also you will see validation errors and status of your product on the Marketplace. So if the display line is "pink" something is wrong and it will not show up in the Marketplace, click on the display to read the specific error message to know what you need to change/add.
Afound specific settings
Afound Size mapping
For Afound to recognize the sizes you have setup in Centra you need to mapp each size in the Centra Size Charts to Afound sizes. That is done under CATALOG and CHARTS. Go to a size chart and select the Afound Size Afound Sizes in the drop-down list per size.
Create a Campaign
When all of the products are ready. It’s time to create a campaign with the products. This is the final step in order to get your products sent to your Marketplace. Go to PROMO > CAMPAIGNS. Create a new campaign and name it to your liking.
Ensure the campaign is available for the Marketplace Store and Market.
When your campaign is saved, you’re able to add your products. This is where all your hard work comes to fruition; when you click edit products, the little pop-up listing the products will only contain all of the products you added to the Marketplace store and market. This makes it easy to just select everything and click 'OK'. When you set the campaign prices it’s important that you use Fixed prices and not a percentage, because that will not work with Afound. And last but not least you need to tick the sales flag for each product in the campaign.
Setup on Centra side
After all the steps above in this article are completed, one last thing is left for Centra to do and that is to activate the syncing of products and campaigns between Centra and Afound. So just contact Centra Support and they will help you with arrange that to happen.
When orders start to come in from Afound they will at first be on hold and have a comment like "Awaiting additional information from Afound". At this point the order will have empty customer details, like address fields etc. This will be empty until Centra Connect confirms the order, then Afound will update the order and send all customer details. As soon as a shipment is created in Centra and marked complete the tracking number will be sent to Afound.
All confirmation emails from Afound orders, like order confirmation and shipping confirmation, will be sent from Afound and not from Centra.