About this article
This article will show how to import products to your system from an excel file.
You may also use the import file to update existing products in your catalog. To import an excel file to add or update products, follow the instructions below:
To be able to import the products directly into the system you need to have created the following prerequisites:
- Create Size Charts that will be used to display inventory
- Create a Folder structure to categorize sales internally. This prerequisite is optional but will come useful as you will be able to see sales statistics based on your folder structure and your catalog will be easier to sort using the folder structure.
- Create Measurement Charts to display product measurements. This prerequisite is optional but will be useful if in the product description.
Creating the import file
To be able to import the products and product information you need an excel file with columns that matches the fields in the system:
- SKU - i.e. Stock Keeping Unit which the style number of the product.
- Product name - The product name will only be used in the catalog internally.
- Variant - Enter the name of the variant.
- Variant SKU (Optional) - If this field is empty Variant SKU will be generated automatically
- Variant Internal Name (Optional)
- Size Chart - Enter the size chart this product belongs to
- Size - Enter the size of this specific item
- Size SKU Suffix (Optional)
- EAN (Optional) You may add EAN-codes to the products.
- Quantity (Optional) You may add the quantities of the products in the import file as well.
- Preorder - Type 'yes' for pre-order and 'no' for stock
- Cost/Pcs - The manufacturer's price for this product
- Cost Currency - The currency of the manufacturer's price
- Weight(Optional but advantageous) - May be useful for customs
- Folder - Folders are used to categorize products internally and will not be visible in the frontend
- Category - Categories are used to categorize externally, in the front-end.
- Measurement Chart (optional) - To read more about how to create measurement charts, click here.
- Internal Comment (Optional) - You may add an internal comment to this product
- Harmonization Code
- Customs Description
- Short Description
- Description - Products description
- Display Comment (Optional You may add an optional comment to the product's display)
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- Meta Keywords
- Supplier Name (Optional) You may enter the name of the supplier
- Country of Origin - Type the ISO-code of the country where the product is manufactured. To read more about ISO-codes klick here
- Retail - USD (Retail only) - Enter the retail price of the product
- Wholesale - USD (Wholesale only) - Enter the Wholesale in-price of the product
- Wholesale - USD - RRP (Wholesale only) Enter the Wholesale out-price of the product
To be able to import the file into the system you need to save it as a '.csv (Windows Comma Separated)' file. To do this in excel, click 'archive' 'save as' and then select 'Windows Comma Separated (.csv)' in the format drop-down menu.
Importing the file
To import the file complete the following steps:
To read more about how to multi-upload media to the catalog, click here.
- Click 'CATALOG' in the general section of the top menu.
- Click 'IMPORT' in the upper-right corner.
- Select 'PRODUCTS' in the drop-down menu and you will be redirected to this view: (To read more about how to import media, click here).
- Select which collection, warehouse, and stores you wish to import the products to.
- Click 'UPLOAD' in the bottom-right corner and you will be redirected to the crosscheck.
- Click 'SAVE' in the bottom- or upper-right corner to complete the import.